Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Interview Corner {#2}

Hello. You are reading the second week of our weekly feature Interview Corner, where we interview great book bloggers.
This time as our guest we have Jeremy and his blog NovelThoughtsBlog.





1. Hello Jeremy. Đ¢ell us little something about your blog NovelThoughtsBlog.

Hey, thanks for asking me to do this interview! I love new bloggers and you seems to be enthusiastic about it, which is great! Novel Thoughts is a Young Adult book blog where myself and two other reviewers can share our love for books, authors, and more. Sometimes we tend to ramble about how much we love specific books, and other times we talk about how deep and poignant a book was. But mostly, we're just a few readers in our twenties that love talking about YA books.

2. On your blog we can read short history of how you started the blog. But Can you tell us something more about it? 

Sure! I started my blog in March of 2010 after I had just gotten into reading and loving the books I had read so I wanted to share what I thought about them. I knew VERY little about book blogging because back then, there weren't nearly as many blogs as there are now. One of my friends had a blog, so I took after him and started reviewing! Since then, it's become more than I hoped and I appreciate everyone who keeps up with us! 

3. What was the first thing you had in your mind when you started the blog? (Mine was 'Oh, I'm gonna make this blog popular' and still waiting for that lol)

That was the last thing on my mind haha When I started mine, book blogging wasn't too popular. There were plenty out there, it just wasn't all the rage. I started it for the reason I hope people who start blogs now do, because I had an addiction to books and wanted to tell others about them. It's never been about popularity for me and I still don't think of my blog as being one of the popular ones but really the main thing is too always keep your love for books first and popularity may follow after that.

4. You have pretty simple blog name. How did you come up with it?

In high school and college, I used to be really good at coming up with titles for my papers that were witty/play on words, so that's really what I wanted for my blog and that name just randomly popped in my head. I've loved it ever since because it really is simple.

5.We can see that you (and your brother) read a lot. How do you organize your reading time?

There is no such thing as reading time for me. I squeeze it in any chance I get and on my days off work, I try to read as much as possible!

6.We can see that you read a lot. What is your favorite fiction genre? Why?

Recently, I've grown really attached to Contemporary books. I really love reading a book and being able to connect with a character or feel the realness in the story which you get a lot of in contemps.

7.Who are some of your favorite authors?

JK Rowling (of course), John Green, Beth Revis, Carrie Ryan, Cassie Clare, Holly Black, Kami Garcia and Margie Stohl, etc.

8. What do you recommend to the readers of my blog and the people who want to start a blog?
 Like I said earlier, the most important thing you can do is love books and share them. People like coming back to a blog multiple times a week if they know there's good content (reviews, posts, interviews, etc.) and even just starting a new blog, the biggest thing is loving what you do. Blogging is tough work and will take a lot of your time and attention so keep up with it. Create original posts too that people can talk about. And don't give up on it. A lot of times, I see bloggers give up around 6 months into it because it just wasn't worth the time and effort for only 50 followers. But those are 50 readers! If you aren't doing it for yourself, do it for them, and your blog will eventually get bigger and better!


Quick-Fire Questions:
Paperbook or ebook? I need a physical copy in my hands!
Fantasy or real life? Real life. Love me some contemps
Vampires or werewolves? Vampires...they're super pale like me.

No comments: