Monday, May 7, 2012

Book Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Obsidian
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Expected Publication: May 15th 2012

Genre: Teen/YA, Aliens
Pages: 299
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Summary: Starting over sucks.When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.And then he opened his mouth.Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. The hot alien living next door marks me.You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. If I don't kill him first, that is.


My Review: I'll be honest, and I'll say that when I decided to read this book I expected it to be bad, like really to suck. But NO! After reading the first pages, Obsidian totally ''sucked me in''. Yeah, really! I did not expect to be that good. Fact:I read it on my computer, and I never would've thought of doing that. 



Now, where to start. First, let's start with Daemon. He started as an arrogant guy who shouts up a girls mouth. Think of that as a good thing. No, as a great thing. I liked that from  him. And he is hot. Yeah, I know, I'm a guy but I liked him. My girlfriend still does.
He was very loyal to Katy and that's another good thing about him.
Now, Katy. What to say, exept that she is officialy on my TOP 5 List of favorite characters. That girl is awesome, take the fact that she is a blogger. A fricking book blogger.  The parts of her talking about her blog, especially about her filming an IMM and posting an Waiting on Wednesday, one of my top scenes.
Another good thing is that she is not an idiot,  and she can take care of herself. (read, opposite of Bella, although I liked Twilight)

About the secondary characters. Dee, she was my favorite. That girl can talk. Really. She has the brain like for everything. And she's beautiful, I imagined the most beautiful model on the planet, and further.
Ash did irritate me at some times, but she was a good character. 

You may all wonder: Why do you give 4.5 stars to Obsidian when you totally adored the book?
And this is my answer: I cut the half star because there was a part at the middle of the book that I think was boring, a little bit. Or maybe this is just my opinion? :D

Let's get to the conclusion. I LOVE OBSIDIAN! It's deffinetly one of my favorite books. I can not wait to read ONYX, the second book in the LUX Series. And as you all know, I'm part of the #daemoninvasion and i'm in the most amazing team ever #TeamDaeVision so I might get to read Onyx and the rest of the series little bit faster than you, regular people. lol

Okay, from now on I'm an alien. haha

3 comments:

Anjana said...

*hugs* Thank you for reading it on your comp, and I agree, parts of the book are slow. Ah hell, most of the book is all fluff but I guess Obsidian was just like the intro or whatever.
I liked the book just for Daemon =)
Really, Onyx is so much better..it's all story development. I think you'd like it!

Orchidsverona said...

Hi ! I want to read this book thanks to you but i can't buy it or order it because I live in switzerland so can you tell me where you rode it on your computer please ? :)

nurmawati djuhawan said...

the best YA book i've ever read !!
i love daemon black so much :D