Friday, August 3, 2012

Book Review: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater


Title: Linger
Author:  Maggie Stiefvater
Published: July 13th, 2010

Genre: Paranormal, Werewolves
Pages: 360 pages
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

My review:

My friend told me I am going to like Linger more than Shiver and she was right. In the second instalment it is not all about Grace and Sam anymore. In addition to the narrative of Sam and Grace we also get a scoop inside Isabel’s and Cole’s mind. S and G are getting closer and Grace is discovering she is getting sick for the first time in her life. But is she sick or is she turning into a wolf? Well, you can guess what happens. Her parents are getting more involved in her life and they don’t want Sam any more in her life. Is she going to finally stand up to her parents?

Isabel is having hard time dealing with her brother’s death and she connects with Cole because he is the only one that treats her differently. Sure, you could say he was a jerk (even though I didn’t) but he has problems (who doesn’t in these books LOL) with suicidal thoughts and is trying to deal the fact he can’t stay as wolf as much as he would wanted too. I can’t explain to you how much I loved Cole. He has doesn’t mind walking around naked (either do I *grins*) and is damaged goods but which girl doesn’t like those, huh?

I didn’t write a longer review because I don’t want to spoil the ending if there are souls on this planet which hasn’t read The Wolves of Mercy Falls. Go read it! It’s fantastic!

4.5 stars



1 comment:

hbjgvhuogyihpo said...

I haven't read this one yet! But I'm glad that you got to see more of characters other then Sam and Grace!

Great review!