Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Book Review: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver


Title: Pandemonium 
Author: Lauren Oliver
Published: February 28st 2012

Genre: Dystopian, YA
Pages: 375
Rating: 5 out of 5

I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare, pushing aside thoughts of Alex, pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school, push, push, push, like Raven taught me to do.The old life is dead.But the old Lena is dead too.I buried her.I left her beyond a fence,behind a wall of smoke and flame.Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.

My review:
 Pandemonium, was VERY different to Delirium. I loved learning about Lena's life in the Wilds, and finding out about all the secret organisations that were rising up to try and stop the curing of love. It was good, I think, that it wasn't just another book set inside the barriers, because while that's the world I fell in love with, I think everything that needed to be said and everything that needed to take place was said and took place in Delirium, if that makes sense. 

I really liked Lena in this book. I thought she was very brave and made the best of the difficult situations she found herself in. 

Pandemonium is told in two parts that alternate between chapters - Then and Now. Now is her life AFTER everything that happens in the Wilds, and Then is back when she'd just crossed the border, carrying straight on from the end of Delirium. I'd be reading Now, the chapter would end and it would go into Then, and I'd have to carry on reading to find out what happened in the next Now chapter, because, let me warn you, Lauren Oliver likes to end her chapters on cliffhangers... It kept me reading all day! Bravo Mrs. Oliver.

And I know all you people who've read Delirium will be asking about Alex. And I'm not going to say anything about him. I don't want to spoil any of you by mentioning him. I'd just say OMG. ;)

Overall though, I loved Pandemonium. It was a great addition to the series, and the ending is CRUEL. Seriously, Lauren Oliver REALLY knows how to write her cliffhangers. The last word on the last page... Oh. My. Word. If you haven't read Delirium yet, GO READ IT! And then read Pandemonium. And then torture yourself until the third book, Requiem is released. 

                    5/5


No comments: