Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Book Review: Grace by Elizabeth Scott


Title: Grace
Author:  Elizabeth Scott
First Published: September 16th 2010

Genre: YA, Dystoipa
Pages: 208
Rating: 4 out of 5

Grace was raised to be an Angel, a herald of death by suicide bomb. But she refuses to die for the cause, and now Grace is on the run, daring to dream of freedom. In search of a border she may never reach, she travels among malevolent soldiers on a decrepit train crawling through the desert. Accompanied by the mysterious Kerr, Grace struggles to be invisible, but the fear of discovery looms large as she recalls the history and events that delivered her uncertain fate.
Told in spare, powerful prose by acclaimed author Elizabeth Scott, this tale of a dystopian near future will haunt readers long after they’ve reached the final page.

 Wow. I am really impressed. After seeing that horrible (too)low rating on Goodreads I didn't expect anything but this story surprised me,in a good way. 

This is not the first novel I've read by Elizabeth Scott so I knew what is coming,or at least I though I did. Her writing just blew my mind(pun intended)in Grace. It was so much deeper then I thought it would be. The plot was less important. So the strength of this novel comes from characters;their internal beliefs,hopes and dreams. I feel like I could read about Grace just riding on a train forever. 

The only thing that was a little bit confusing is that Grace is a angel but she looks like everyone else. Maybe this book could go without angels. 
But,all in all,very,very good. 

4 stars


No comments: