Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Book Review: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi


Title: Under the Never Sky
Author:  Veronica Rossi
First Published: February 7th 2012

Genre: YA, Dystopian
Pages: 374
Rating: 5 out of 5

WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.
DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.
Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.
Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.
If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.

My review:

 I can't express how much I love this book right now. I am impressed with Veronica Ross. 

Under the Never Sky has so much going on.The dystopian world Veronica Rossi has created is spectacular. You have a government within Reverie trying to cover up the loss of one of its pods and an attack on Aria, so they send her from her cozy little world into the real. Into the Death Shop.

Outside, you have world dying from the Aaether storms. There are different tribes, who fight to survive in the cruel world. There are also people who eat other people, the cannibals, and people with powers, they call senses. There you have Peregrine aka Perry. So original, right? 

Aria and Perry are people of two completely different words, and collide to form an unlikely allegiance. At first, they think of each other as barbaric and wild or soft and protected but the closer they get to each other, the more on edge you would feel. I can honestly say that this book was magical.

This is no insta-love. No No. The romance went just like I wanted. Slowly developing and then BAM. Some other authors should learn from Mrs. Veronica.

Also, I loved the other characters through the story. Roar was a great character, Marron also. I was suprised with Cinder. And Vale... can't say much about him. I DID NOT EXPECT THAT TO HAPPEN WITH HIM AT THE END OF THE BOOK.

So, there you have it. A perfect dystopian world. Perfect romance. Great characters. So many "I did not expect that to happen" scenes.
Under the Never Sky goes to my TOP 5 Dystopian books.

                                                                             5 stars

5 comments:

Aly said...

I love UTNS it's one of my faves of the year - maybe ever- have you read Roar and Liv yet? It's the e-novella that V. Rossi wrote and features a sneak peek of Through the Ever Night :)

trayche said...

@Aly nop. no I haven't. But I want to read it soon. Roar's history seems interesting. :)

Anonymous said...

DUDE! I loved this one too! I just read Through the Ever Night a few weeks ago (and my review is done too) but I just LOOOVVVEEED both! Seriously! Roar is like one of my favesssss <3 *hormonal teenager* In the next book you learn a lot about him and he's probably my favorite character in the whole book!

Chey said...

So glad you loved this one! It's definitely my favorite book of 2012. :)

Jessi (Geo) said...

So glad you enjoyed this one! I'm a big fan of the unlikely romances, particularly if it starts off with hate. Love the world building, too! I'm dying to get my hands on the second book!