Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Book Review: Slated by Teri Terry

Title: Slated
Author: Teri Terry
First Published: May 3rd  2012

Genre: YA, Dystopian, Mistery
Pages: 448
Rating: 4 out of 5

Kyla’s memory has been erased,her personality wiped blank,her memories lost for ever.
She’s been Slated.
The government claims she was a terrorist, and that they are giving her a second chance - as long as she plays by their rules. But echoes of the past whisper in Kyla’s mind. Someone is lying to her, and nothing is as it seems. Who can she trust in her search for the truth?





At a Glance:
If you know me, then you'd know how much I love dystopian books. You'd also know how much action in dystopian books I want. You'd know that i'm not so much into the "romance" bits in novels. With Slated I felt like I changed all my beliefs. I didn't want it to have much action. I wanted more romance. Thank God, that was the case.  What kept me reading Slated was the "mystery" part. Why was she Slated? Who is Kyla? What about her past?
Romance:
It had romance, just not that much (after all, it's not a romance book). I felt the connection between Ben and Kyla! Thank God it wasn't insta-love. 

Action:
There was enough action. As I mentioned, I didn't want it to have it alot action. I wanted everything to go smoothly, and step by step, because some things were complicated. 

Heroine:
I liked Kyla. Not my favorite female character, though. At some times she was whiny, but cool enough for me.

Things I liked:
The mystery. Enough said. 
Cover Love:
I like the cover alot! At the same time it is simple and complicated! There's some mystery behind it. 

Cliffhanger:THE HUGEST! What the hell happened at the ending? I don't want to spoil it for you, but that end was A MESS! I need the sequel now!

Would I recommend it?
Yes, of course! A friend who loved this book recommended it for me to read it, and now I need to pass the recommendation! lol

                    4 out of 5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you really enjoyed this one!! The mystery and the heroines sound absolutely fantastic, and now I'm really worried about that cliffhanger! Thank goodness the sequel's out! At least, I THINK it's out...

Thanks for sharing!