Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Book Review: City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare



Title: City Of Bones 
Author: Cassandra Clare
Published: March 27th 2007
Genre: Teen/YA, Fantasy
Pages: 496
Rating: 5 out of 5


Summary:When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing -- not even a smear of blood -- to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know. . . . Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.
My review:
City Of Bones, Is the first book in The Mortal Instruments Series, and the first book in TheShadowhunters World. It tells the story of the shadowhunters, and the main character Clary Fray is one of them. 


Before starting to read this I had big expectations. I knew that this is one of the most popular YA novels, and because of it's fame It should be good. And it is! It's great!


There is one thing I did not like about this book. The begining, the first part. I thought it was slow and there was a time when I just thought of putting down the book, stop reading. I'm glad I did not do that. From the ending of the first part of the book it was awesome. I could not put it down, even though I was reading it for more then a week because I didn't want to end.


I liked almost every character: Clary, Jace, Izzy, Alec... I couldn't 'connect' with Simon. Although he is Clary's very best friend and he protects her a lot, I didn't warm up to him.


Let's talk about the ending of this book. Shoocking! I mean, big suprise. I did not expect that. People told me there would be a huge shock at the end but I didn't see that thing happening. That was a huge cliffhanger for me and I'm so sad I don't have the second book, City Of Ashes, and I'll have to wait for reading it.


This was really a great book, amazing. If you haven't read it you should do it right now. I don't know why did I have to wait so long before reading it, but I'm glad I did it! 


Officially, Cassandra Clare reaches the list of my favorite authors!


(at the end I want to thank mrs. Michele for giving me this book for my birthday. Without you I wouldn't have this chance to read it, and discover how amazing this book is! Thank You )

1 comment:

Diana_Dimovska said...

Znaci ja obozavam Cassandra Clare. I mene mi e omilena! :) Odvaj cekam da izlezi Clockwork Princess... :)