Saturday, August 4, 2012

Book Review: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo


Title: Shadow and Bone
Author:  Leigh Bardugo
Published: June 5th, 2011

Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 358 pages
Rating: 5 out of 5

Alina Starkov doesn’t expect much from life. Orphaned by the Border Wars, the one thing she could rely on was her best friend and fellow refugee, Mal. And lately not even that seems certain. Drafted into the army of their war-torn homeland, they’re sent on a dangerous mission into the Fold, a swath of unnatural darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh.
When their convoy is attacked, all seems lost until Alina reveals a dormant power that not even she knew existed. Ripped from everything she knows, she is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling. He believes she is the answer the people have been waiting for: the one person with the power to destroy the Fold.
Swept up in a world of luxury and illusion, envied as the Darkling’s favorite, Alina struggles to fit into her new life without Mal by her side. But as the threat to the kingdom mounts, Alina uncovers a secret that sets her on a collision course with the most powerful forces in the kingdom. Now only her past can save her . . . and only she can save the future.

My review:

What to say about this book and not sound like a raging fangirl? Well, this will be one of those gif reviews for sure.
 When I got it I was all like
  wow what a pretty map. 
Then I did
  for hours. 
We meet Darkling and he is mighty fine I have to say. 
 I am scared to continue so I 
Something happens and I am 
How did I not see this coming? Oh wait. Thank God for men.
 No,wait,what is happening right now?
I am done. 

So, this was my first 5 star review on this blog and what did I do-I pulled a gif review. Don’t blame me. You know what they said A picture is worth a thousand words



6 comments:

Mackenzie @ Oh, For the Love of Books! said...

Hahaha LOVE IT!! Oh, wow. I felt the same way! My review had a lot of gifs too. This book was just utterly fantastic! And yes, the Darkling is definitely worth keeping and eye out for ;) Great review!

All the best ♥
Mackenzie @ Oh, For the Love of Books!

Unknown said...

LOL, I loved this review!
I saw the interview with Trayche on ***Singing in the Rain*** and am now a new follower! TBBT is a great series, I rewatch it a lot ;)

Helene @ Helene's World of Books

Unknown said...

Yeah, and that should be ***Singing AND READING in the Rain*** ;)

DMS said...

What a fun review! It definitely showed how much you loved the book. I am anxiously waiting to read this one. It has been on my list- but I have a ton of books to get to first. Glad to hear you loved it.

~Jess
http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

Randi M said...

Best. Review. EVER. :)

Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

hs said...

That baby is hilarious XD