Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Book Review: Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake


Title: Girl of Nightmares
Author: Kendare Blake
First Published: August 7th 2012

Genre: YA, Horror, Ghost Story
Pages: 332
Rating: 4 out of 5



It's been months since the ghost of Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell in her basement and disappeared into it, but ghost-hunter Cas Lowood can't move on. 

His friends remind him that Anna sacrificed herself so that Cas could live—not walk around half dead. He knows they're right, but in Cas's eyes, no living girl he meets can compare to the dead girl he fell in love with.


Now he's seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he's asleep and sometimes in waking nightmares. But something is very wrong...these aren't just daydreams. Anna seems tortured, torn apart in new and ever more gruesome ways every time she appears.


Cas doesn't know what happened to Anna when she disappeared into Hell, but he knows she doesn't deserve whatever is happening to her now. Anna saved Cas more than once, and it's time for him to return the favor.




At a Glance:
I've had this book since it came out in August. But I decided to read it just now... I thought that it might be boring and stuff, but I am glad it wasn't. I felt a little dissapointed though, because I wanted A LOT MORE ANNA KORLOV. MORE ANNA! MORE ANNA! 

Romance:
Not a lot... Almost not at all. I mean yeah, Cass was thinking about Anna all the time, but this isn't a love story.

Action:
Not a lot... It was fast paced, but there weren't a lot of action/fighting scenes.. It wasn't boring though!

Heroine:
Like I said, I was sad that we didn't get to see more Anna... She appeared near the end of the book, so... not a lot of her in this book.
Hero:
Cas was a descent male character. I don't know what to say more about him. He played nice, he was interesting etc.

Things I liked:
Learning about that organization that has a hard name to remember. 

Things I disliked:
I disliked the fact that there wasn't more Anna. Enough said.

Would I recommend it?
Well... I think I would. Not to everyone, but I'd recommend it to the fans of Anna Dressed in Blood. I still think that Anna Dressed in Blood was a lot better.

                                    4 out of 5 stars





2 comments:

Unknown said...

No Anna? But isn't this SUPPOSED to be about Anna? Weird. I really enjoyed ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD and I didn't see a need for a sequel. I'm curious though!

@MelissaJoLynn_ said...

I didn't really like the first one and after reading this I can tell I wouldn't like the second one bc I'd want more romance, action, and anna too lol. Great review!