Friday, February 22, 2013

Book Review: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi


Title:  Shatter Me
Author:  Tahereh Mafi
File type:  hardback
Release date:  November 15th, 2011
Genre:  YA, dystopia, romance

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.
The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war– and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

 

How awesome was this book? Well,I am going to tell you. Pretty darn awesome! 

I am not very good at convincing people to read the books I loved so I am going to write this review without any pressure. 

Here are some arguments: 

1. if you are (like myself) a fan of X-Men,you will love it,or else...

2. If you are (like myself) a fan of strong and smart leading character like Juliet,you will love it. 

3. If you are (like myself) a fan of totally shagable and caring guy like Adam,you will love it. 

4. If you are (like myself) a fan of crazy and demented bad guy who actually happens to be smoking hot(and in love with our girl Juliet),you will love it. 

5. If you are (like myself) a fan of almost kissing or almost doing it scenes,then you will love it. 


If that wasn't enough for you,than you have no soul suck.

I love the guys in this book. Adam has tattoos and muscles but Warner is also hot in a I-will-kill-you kind of way. He reminds me of hotter and more dangerous version of Tom Felton if that is even possible. I mean look at this





Is it getting hot in here,or is it just me?








No comments: